Safety at Work
John Henry Foster is committed to providing a safe and secure environment for all employees. Developing safety procedures is not only required, but it is essential within the boundaries of our Company’s guidelines and policies. It is important to make sure that complacency – the single most common cause of accidents in the workplace, is kept at bay through consistent training and raising safety awareness, thereby eliminating or reducing the potential for injury and workplace dangers.
Safety training educates employees and builds awareness on how to prevent and respond to work-related illness and injury. We use a variety of different methods including: classroom, video, on-the-job and interactive computer safety training. Training includes: Bloodborne Pathogens, Electrical Safety, Fall Protection, Fire Safety, Hazard Communication, Ladder Safety, Lockout/Tagout, Personal Protective Equipment, the proper use and storage of tools and equipment, reporting of injuries and how to respond to injuries on the job.
John Henry Foster safety initiatives include:
- All technicians equipped with NFPA 70E (National Fire Protection Association) compliant category 2 Arc Flash gear – for technicians working with electricity to protect them from electric shocks.
- In-house safety committee
- In-house quarterly safety meetings
- Continuous training and refresher courses/testing
- Forklift training and safety operations
- Aerial work platform training
- Teaming with Safe2Work® to provide additional safety training & tracking capabilities
- All employees are required to participate in up-to-date safety and AWAIR training, which is Minnesota required safety training.
John Henry Foster is AWAIR